Thursday, December 30, 2010

My American Dream

Hello Folks,

I'm a 27 year old college graduate with a stable job, engaged and have 2 medium sized children (1 lab and 1 bulldog).  Like many of the younger generation I followed my parents teachings....went to school, studied hard, graduated college and got a job.

But now after 5 years of working for The Man I've realized I want to own my own business, in particular a Subway (Many of you will question whether this means I will continue to work for the man...your probably right however with my little business experience I figured a franchise was the best place to start to own a business).

So here in lies the problem.  Capital.  To start an average sized Subway it costs about $250,000.  Small business loans?  Denied.  Apparently one needs to own a house to get any sort of loan.

So I ask you.  The internet.  For help.  Donate a penny. A dollar.  It doesn't matter I will accept any help I can get.







So what do you get for donating?  I'm not sure.  Besides eternal gratitude and the belief that the American dream is still alive....there's gotta be something you ask?  Well I'm open to ideas.  Please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I actually own a house, and can get VA small buisness loans. Have you done any thought into your business plan or locations? I'm in the same boat, as I hate working for "the man" and would someday (soon) like to work for myself.

    ReplyDelete